Measures to increase sustainable mobility in urban and suburban areas - POR Puglia 2014-2020
Measures to increase sustainable mobility in urban and suburban areas
Specifically, the proposed activities will have to be included in the urban mobility planning tools and will focus on the concept of sustainability in order to reduce the emission of climate-changing gases, in line with the air quality improvement objectives contained in the regional transport plans (five-year implementation plan and three-year service plan) drawn up under Directive 2008/50/EC.
Examples of activities to be carried out are as follows:
- Construction of infrastructures and interchange nodes aimed at increasing collective mobility and the environmentally friendly distribution of goods and related transport systems (action by Programme Agreement 4. 6. 1).
These are innovative services for the logistics of goods in urban centres through interventions that act on the growth of the number of urban freight centres (CDU - Urban Distribution Centres), to organise more efficiently the interface between long-distance and sustainable last mile freight transport, with the aim of limiting individual deliveries - the most inefficient part of the journey - to the shortest possible distances.
In addition, the project will finance operations in interchange infrastructures that encourage the use of public means of rail and road transport.
Specifically, actions will be undertaken for:
the functional and urban requalification of the stations, starting from the nodes, favouring the introduction of functions that guarantee an extensive use of the places and therefore ensure adequate safety conditions and enhance their attractiveness;
the improvement of the accessibility of stations - nodes. To this end, expansion of the network of carpool lanes and of traffic light priority systems will be assessed. This organisation will allow, indirectly, on the “node system", to increase transport performance by raising its commercial speed. Cycling and walking mobility between urban centres and stations/nodes will also be encouraged by equipping the same nodes with "velo-stazioni", bike-sharing and car-sharing, preferably electric, as well as passenger-care services.
- Sustainable urban and suburban mobility actions also promoting the use of transport systems with low environmental impact (action by Programme Agreement 4.6.2 - Renewal of rolling stock)
These are activities to modernise local public transport fleets through low-pollutant vehicles and to emissions. The standards of the dedicated fleets of vehicles and local public transport, which do not comply with the Community quality levels and those dedicated to logistical services for the distribution and collection of goods in urban areas. It is intended to continue and to develop in this way the improvement of the energy efficiency of vehicles through sustainable fuels and propulsion systems.
Specific investments will be proposed to promote the modal shift of urban and suburban transport towards transport with low environmental impact or zero emissions.
It refers, among other things, to cycle/pedestrian mobility in very short journeys.
The most important of these are the bike sharing, car rental, car rental, and the car sharing, and public transport with electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Infrastructure and technological systems for traffic management and tariff integration (action by Programme Agreement 4.6.3 Intelligent Transport Systems)
Interventions will be promoted for the creation of electronic ticketing system and acquisition of passenger traffic data for local public transport services. This system is aimed at:
- encouraging logistics and dwt operators (also during the formation of the three-year public transport plan) to equip themselves with ITS Intelligent Transport Systems infrastructures, technologies and services (traffic flow detection and forecasting, load tracking, fleet monitoring, real-time transmission of information to users) in order to ensure optimal use of the capacity of transport networks and terminals. Info mobility amplifies the potential for development in the strategic sectors of logistics and tourism, but also in that of public transport, not only because the choices of the players involved are oriented and optimized by the information provided by the info-telematic services offered, but also because the management and communication processes become more efficient, safer and less expensive;
- stimulating the creation of info-mobility platforms for purchasing tickets electronically and the introduction of a “single ticket” and a single logistics portal. It is therefore a question of optimising, through the efficient management of information flows, the intermodal transport of passengers and goods passing through the Apulian territory, offering efficient operational support. Specifically, with regard to the Public Transport sector, the ITS systems will support the processes of integration between operators and services, while providing tools for access to information for users (timetables, costs, waiting times, etc.), whether they are resident in the region or potential tourists/visitors, to promote the use of the TPRL also for the purpose of enhancing and promoting tourism in the area. The info mobility platforms promote the integration between services, as well as between networks and between means of transport. Ultimately, they allow the purchase of the ticket electronically; they make it possible to introduce the "single ticket" and therefore the tariff integration that represents the landing stage of the reform process currently underway with the enhancement of the infrastructure and the efficiency of the service.
- Development of the infrastructures necessary to use the vehicle with low environmental impact also through charging hub initiatives (action by Programme Agreement 4.6.4)
The programme supports the implementation of public interventions in infrastructure and technological systems aimed at reducing the number of public vehicles and private polluters and increase alternative modes with low environmental impact. The interventions concern: the creation of a network of routes cycle paths and/or pedestrian cycle both on the micro-local scale and on the medium or long range scale, also through safety interventions and/or signalling; interventions of traffic moderation, configuration of environmental islands, creation and/or requalification and safety of areas and pedestrian routes; The equipping of urban areas that allow the recharging of public and private electric vehicles.
The types of beneficiaries are: Apulia Region, Public Administrations, SMEs, holders of local public transport service contracts (the latter limited to the action of the Programme Agreement 4.6.1).