Measures to reduce hydrogeological risk and coastal erosion - Measures to reduce hydrogeological risk and coastal erosion - POR Puglia 2014-2020
Measures to reduce hydrogeological risk and coastal erosion
The interventions provided by the line will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of Directives 2007/60/EC and 2000/60/EC, as well as with the indications and the priorities defined in the River Basin Management Plan and in the Flood Risk Management Plan prepared by the Hydrographic District Authority of the southern Apennines.
In particular, examples of activities to be carried out are as follows:
- Interventions to secure and increase the resilience of territories most exposed to hydrogeological risk and coastal erosion (action by Programme Agreement 5.1.1)
It is planned to carry out safety measures, with priority given to inhabited settlements, infrastructure networks and production areas of the regions with a higher hydraulic and/or geomorphological risk. In addition, interventions to deal with the phenomenon of coastal erosion through reforestation on slopes at risk of hydrogeology, actions to recreate forest habitats along watercourses to create areas of natural expansion of the rivers, reconstitution of the dune and inter-dune systems to combat coastal erosion will be implemented.
- Extraordinary maintenance of the hydraulic network, drainage and water lifting networks, flood rolling and stabilization of the slopes, mainly using green infrastructure and naturalistic engineering techniques (action by Programme Agreement 5.1.2)
These are works to mitigate hydraulic risk through interventions on watercourses and in areas of hydraulic expansion or swallow holes, interventions for the construction, management and enhancement of green infrastructures and ecosystem services offered by the Natura 2000 Network, which are functional to the reduction of risks related to climate change.
These concern the re-naturalisation of areas affected by hydrogeological instability and interventions for the management of the protection and maintenance during the year of the characteristics of the blue infrastructures, such as wetlands and areas behind the Apulian dunes, also through the environmental recovery of treated wastewater.
- Construction, maintenance and re-naturalisation of green infrastructures and eco-systemic services to reduce the risks associated with climate change (action by Programme Agreement 5.1.3)
Examples of activities to be carred out:
- Reconstitution and management of ecological corridors of the regional ecological network also in relation to the construction and/or maintenance of network infrastructures;
- Interventions in urban areas for the mitigation of the heat island effect, the risk of flooding, etc., through actions of realization of ecological infrastructures, green roofs, increase of the permeable surface, the removal of artificial elements, de-watering of large areas, through techniques of naturalistic engineering.
They concern interventions of management and requalification of ecological connections in the natural and urban environment both linked to the implementation of the Regional Ecological Network of the Regional Territorial Landscape Plan, and to the requalification of the network infrastructures, of the large areas currently waterproofed, of the reduction of the heat island effect present in the urban and extra-urban environment.
- Integration and development of prevention systems, also through interoperable digital early warning mechanisms and networks (action by Programme Agreement 5.1.4)
Interventions shall consist of:
- definition of flood scenarios as a reference for municipal emergency planning ;
- development of applications for the management of early warning networks for hydraulic and geomorphological risk;
- definition of models for the assessment of hydrogeological risk and coastal risk, with related development of functional monitoring action the early warning system;
- acquisition of communication platforms for the management of civil protection actions, aimed at improving the systems of early warning, activation of territorial controls, information to the public ;
- completion and integration of the regional UHF radio network with microwave backbone, with the development of the various operational functions of monitoring, including the radio network for the transmission of meteorological-hydro-pluviometric monitoring data, and civil protection;
- strengthening of the communication systems in radio telephony and data transmission between the various components of the regional protection system civil, including voluntary work, including through the acquisition of means, equipment and equipment useful for the operation of the column regional mobile;
- strengthening of the operations of the Civil Protection OPS area through the implementation/acquisition of management programmes for the different functions of the Regional Operating Centre;
- updating of local emergency plans and regional forecasting and prevention programmes, with definition of the relative models of intervention, for the meteorological and hydrogeological risk.
The types of beneficiaries are: Apulia Region, Local authorities and public administrations, Soil Reclamation Consortia, Entities managing protected areas, Apulia Basin Authorities, Public Components of the Regional Civil Protection System (CFS,VV.F, Prefectures), Associations of civil protection volunteering.