Interventions for the reduction of fire risk and seismic risk - Interventions for the reduction of fire risk and seismic risk - POR Puglia 2014-2020
Interventions for the reduction of fire risk and seismic risk
Examples of activities that are intended to be carried out are as follows:
- Integration and development of multi-risk prevention systems, including through interoperable digital networks for early operational coordination (action by Programme Agreement 5.3.1):
- definition of regional maps of fuel models and forest roads, with the development of numerical models for the propagation of agro-forestry fires, in order to prevent and actively combat forest fires;
- infrastructural interventions (turrets, remote sensing systems) for the early detection of forest fires;
- integration of the seismic and tidal network;
- development of digital remote radio communication systems between operators of the regional civil protection system, specifically aimed at combating forest fires and rescue operations assistance in the event of seismic events.
- Micro-zoning and seismic safety of strategic and relevant public buildings located in the areas most at risk (action by Programme Agreement 5.3.2)
This action is intended to finance the structural adjustment of buildings of strategic interest and buildings that may be relevant in relation to the consequences of a collapse as per art. 2, paragraph 3, of the Ordinance of the President of the Council of Ministers no. 3274 of 20 March 2003 to the seismic regulations on buildings as per Ministerial Decree 14/2008.
The interventions will be located throughout the region with particular reference to the buildings located in the municipalities of Puglia with a basic seismic hazard. Interventions will concern strategic and relevant public buildings. This action also includes funding for studies of seismic microzonation to be performed with the purposes set out in the “Addresses and criteria for microzonation” approved by the Conference of the Regions and Autonomous Provinces on 13 November 2008. These studies shall be accompanied by the following analysis of the Emergency Limit Condition (CLE) of the urban settlement. The CLE is defined as the condition at which it is exceeded, as a result of the occurrence of the seismic event, even though it coincides with the occurrence of physical and functional damage to be led to the interruption of almost all of the urban functions present, including the residence, the urban settlement still retains, however, still preserves the operation of most of the strategic functions for the emergency, their accessibility and connection with the territorial context.
The studies and analyses described above will be located on the regional territory most exposed to seismic risk taking into account the studies of seismic micro zonation already performed or under preparation by the Authority of the Apulia Basin. Such actions will lead to the achievement of an adequate definition of the seismic reference scenarios consequent to the results of the micro zonation, for the municipal emergency planning referred to the seismic risk.
- Renovation and fitting out of strategic public buildings for functional and operational centres (action by Programme Agreement 5.3.3)
The interventions are aimed at public administrations with the purpose of:
- complete functional recovery and structural adjustment of buildings to the seismic regulations on construction as per Ministerial Decree 14/01/2008 of strategic buildings (OPCM no. 3274/2003) headquarters of Operational Functional Centres for Civil Protection;
- setting up of multi-risk and multi-force operating rooms aimed at the territorial management of emergencies (COC, COM, Operating Rooms, Provincial/Relief Coordination Centres, Regional Operations Centres);
- acquisition of machinery and equipment of priority interest.
The interventions are located on the entire regional territory, taking into account the possible lack of presence of Functional Centres in accordance with the Regional and/or Provincial Planning of Civil Protection Systems and Risk Prevention and Forecasting Programmes.
The types of beneficiaries are: Apulia Region, Basin Authorities, Local Authorities and Public Administrations, Components of the regional civil protection system, Voluntary Associations.